IN-PERSON and ONLINE
September 22nd - 23rd 2022
Abstracts due by: June 30th 2022
Abstract acceptance notification: July 14th 2022
Full papers due by: October 30th 2022
Authors/presenters registration deadline on August 12th 2022
Program of the conference finalized: August 15th 2022
Faculty of Law and Business Studies at Catholic Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia is organizing a two day conference to bring together the thoughts and analyses of scholars to address the development, performance and challenges of transition economies.
The themes of the conference are:
- Still systemic change, transformation or a backslide transition?
- Transition ex-post: not an uniform path?
- Economic freedom, property rights and the rule of law, forgotten guidelines?
- Economic roots of populism in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Who pulls the strings in the political economy of transition economies: the state, parallel networks, or mafia?
- “Sustainability” – any substance or relevance for transition economies.
- Tax policy and its effects in transition economies.
Entrepreneurship development in transition economies: the story of increasing divergence
- The economics of energy and political constraints.
- The role of global value chains in transition economies.
- Population and migration policies in transition economies.
- Illegal migration and individual property rights.
- Return of state terror and its economic aspects: Belarus and beyond.
- COVID-19 policies and aftermath.
Call for Papers
The Catholic Institute will publish the papers given at the Conference in its scientific journal Res novae. High quality papers will be considered for publication in Post-Communist Economies. At least one author of the abstract or paper should participate on the conference and present the research within the conference programme. Conference participants are not obliged to publish their paper in the conference proceedings.
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers must not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. All papers are refereed through a peer review process.
All abstracts/papers must be submitted in English language. in pdf format. The submission has to be sent as pdf attachment by email to the main Conference email address: firstname.lastname@example.org The name of the file must consist of the family name of the first/main author and the research stream the paper belongs to (as listed in this Call – f.i. “Kovac_The role of values and rhetoric on the path to market economy”) The following document(s)o documents should be submitted. The first document should include:
- Title of the paper
- Authors (name, surname, university/institution, faculty/department, postal address, city, country, telephone, email). Corresponding author should be indicated
- Abstract (min. 100 – max. 200 words, up to 400 words is permitted for authors that intend to submit abstract only)
- Keywords and JEL codes
The second document (for full paper authors only) should be fully anonymized and should include:
- Title of the paper
- Abstract (min. 100 – max. 200 words)
- Keywords and JEL codes
- Full paper min. 3500 – max. 8000 words, including references and tables
Full papers or abstracts due by: July 30th, 2022
- Registration is open from 1.5.2022 to 15.9.2022.
- Authors/presenters registration deadline on August 22nd, 2022
- Registration Fee: 300 EUR (150 EUR for students)
- Registration Fee ON-LINE: 120 EUR (60 EUR for students)
Registration fee includes access to conference sessions, presentation of the paper, review process, conference materials, refreshment (coffee breaks and lunch).
Accommodation is not included in the fee. Participants should make room reservations individually, directly to the selected hostel/hotel. Accommodation recommendations.
Participants have to arrange visa at their own. The conference organizers are not responsible for no granting a visa to a conference participant.
Registration is required for all participants attending the conference.
After the registration you will receive an invoice and all payment information to your email address provided during the registration. Payment must be done by bank transfer.
Invoices will be sent to you by email as a PDF attachment. Originals will be sent only if requested.
Invoice will be issued in EUR.
Conference Programme Committee:
- Péter Ákos Bod; (Professor, Corvinus University of Budapest, Hungary)
- Philip Booth; (Professor, St. Mary’s University, London, UK)
- Anže Burger; (Associate Professor, Faculty for Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Martina Basarac Sertić; (Research Associate, Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Economic Research Division, Zagreb, Croatia)
- Alexander Chepurenko; (Distinguished Professor, Head of the School of Sociology, Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia)
- Gorazd Justinek; (Associate Professor, Faculty of Government and European Studies, New University, Slovenia)
- Silvana Malle; (Emeritus Professor, Department of Economic Science, Verona University Santa Marta, Centre for International Studies, Italy)
- Tomasz Mickiewicz; (Professor, Aston Business School, UK)
- Rado Pezdir; (Senior Lecturer, International School for Social and Business Studies, Celje, Slovenia)
- Abel Polese; (Senior Research Fellow, School of Governance, Law and Society, Tallinn University, Estonia & Senior Research Fellow, School of Law and Government, Dublin City University, Republic of Ireland)
- Krassen Stanchev; (Professor, Sofia University, Bulgaria)
- Mitja Steinbacher; (Dean, FPV – Faculty of Law and Business Studies, Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Ružica Šimić Banović; (Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, Zagreb University, Croatia)
- Vlatka Škokić; (Associate Professor, University of Split, Faculty of Economics, Split, Croatia & Visiting Research Fellow, School of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK)
- Janez Šušteršič; (Professor, International School For Social and Business Studies, Celje, Slovenia)
- Zoran Vaupot; ( Associate Professor , FPV – Faculty of Law and Business Studies, Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Valentina Vučković; (Assistant Professor, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb, Croatia)
Matej Kovac and Lisl Biggs-Davison. Contact: email@example.com.
Ljubljana is beautiful in September. The conference will be held in Faculty of Law and Business Studies premises. The conference venue is on the edge of the old city centre and all Ljubljana attractions are within walking distance.
Location: Krekov Trg 1, 1000 Ljubljana