Faculty of Law and Business Studies at Catholic Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia is organizing a two day conference to bring together the thoughts and analyses of scholars to address the development, performance and challenges of transition economies.
The themes of the conference are:
- Still systemic change, transformation or a backslide transition?
- Transition ex-post: not an uniform path?
- Economic freedom, property rights and the rule of law, forgotten guidelines?
- Economic roots of populism in Central and Eastern Europe.
- Who pulls the strings in the political economy of transition economies: the state, parallel networks, or mafia?
- “Sustainability” – any substance or relevance for transition economies.
- Tax policy and its effects in transition economies.
Entrepreneurship development in transition economies: the story of increasing divergence
- The economics of energy and political constraints.
- The role of global value chains in transition economies.
- Population and migration policies in transition economies.
- Illegal migration and individual property rights.
- Return of state terror and its economic aspects: Belarus and beyond.
- COVID-19 policies and aftermath.
Conference Programme Committee:
- Péter Ákos Bod; (Professor, Corvinus University of Budapest, Hungary)
- Philip Booth; (Professor, St. Mary’s University, London, UK)
- Anže Burger; (Associate Professor, Faculty for Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Martina Basarac Sertić; (Research Associate, Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts, Economic Research Division, Zagreb, Croatia)
- Alexander Chepurenko; (Distinguished Professor, Head of the School of Sociology, Higher School of Economics, Moscow, Russia)
- Gorazd Justinek; (Associate Professor, Faculty of Government and European Studies, New University, Slovenia)
- Silvana Malle; (Emeritus Professor, Department of Economic Science, Verona University Santa Marta, Centre for International Studies, Italy)
- Tomasz Mickiewicz; (Professor, Aston Business School, UK)
- Rado Pezdir; (Senior Lecturer, International School for Social and Business Studies, Celje, Slovenia)
- Abel Polese; (Senior Research Fellow, School of Governance, Law and Society, Tallinn University, Estonia & Senior Research Fellow, School of Law and Government, Dublin City University, Republic of Ireland)
- Krassen Stanchev; (Professor, Sofia University, Bulgaria)
- Mitja Steinbacher; (Dean, FPV – Faculty of Law and Business Studies, Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Ružica Šimić Banović; (Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, Zagreb University, Croatia)
- Vlatka Škokić; (Associate Professor, University of Split, Faculty of Economics, Split, Croatia & Visiting Research Fellow, School of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK)
- Janez Šušteršič; (Professor, International School For Social and Business Studies, Celje, Slovenia)
- Zoran Vaupot; ( Associate Professor , FPV – Faculty of Law and Business Studies, Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Valentina Vučković; (Assistant Professor, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb, Croatia)